WaiverWatch Forum Index WaiverWatch
an eye on the Indiana Medicaid Waiver program

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Employees???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkf64

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: New Employees??? Reply with quote

My sons case manager interviewed with IPMG on July 18th and has had no information given to her on employment status.
Has anyones case manager been hired by IPMG? Time is running out to meet the deadline.
I wonder about any of the open positions if anyone has been hired? Sure is weird these days.

alwaysadvocating

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: IPMG actions as I have heard Reply with quote

As I have heard through the grapevine through several people and groups, IPMG is still planning on this change taking place on September 1. I heard they are finishing interviews hopefully by the end of this month and have been interviewing every day in all areas. Also heard that some good case managers have interviewed and then quit already, other case managers have decided not to interview, while others have already gotten offers and are considering continuing. I guess the pay rate for case managers is cut pretty drastically again and the only way a case manager can get this information seems to be to go through the interview. It appears that in those first months there is going to be some chaos. Also they may have some problems covering some cases in some areas, so I assume that case loads will possibly be very large (around 50 or so??). I agree, it is a very tough time for people with disabilities and their families--not to mention the providers.
EyeoftheDay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: IPMG interviews Reply with quote

I have interviewed, and was told they were intending to hire everyone by Aug 1st. Full time case loads are 35+. However, another case manager was told her case load would be 50. If they call, I am pretty sure I won't accept. It doesn't "feel" right. It felt really impersonal, and the pay rate changes according who is being interviewed. Too many variables, too cold, too disorganized, and, in my opinion, they are moving way too fast to get this all in place by Sept 1st. There is far too many people to consider in this boondoggle, and when my people ask what’s going on....all I can do is shrug my shoulders, and say "you'll get a letter".....hopefully, I'll get a letter, too, telling me how this speedy switch is going to work to our clients advantage. My guess is someone will knock on their door one day, and say "Hi, I'm your new Case manager". They will spend 10 minutes, get a signature, and leave. You might see him/her again in 3 months. ARG....better go polish my Wal-Mart name tag!!!
casnoe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: rejection from IPMG Reply with quote

I applied wth IPMG to continue case managment for my curret clients approximately 15 at this time. I mentioned in there I would look into including my caseload at a later date but as of now I needed to keep this part time as I am due to have a baby any time now. Any way I was rejected and told that they did not have any positions at this time that matched my qualifications. I guess I am unclear on this as I have worked in case management for almost 4 years and before then had lots of experience with the disabled populatons in group home, day programming, school systems, and through the Dept. of Family and Children. Have many other case managers been rejected? I just really wonder what qualifications I did not possess. Any discussions or knowledge would be appreciated. Also is this transition still taking place on Sept. 1. If so I need more to tell my consumer's how this will work. I have been telling them basically I do not know how things will be ran in transitioning
BGraves

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole change in the system is already hurting this field and the families it serves. In my opinion, this sort of "quality" is what we will now see from this point on. Good case managers who are going to try and work for IPMG wont be able to be good case managers any longer, turnover will increase, caseloads will be huge, and Im afraid the system will be too chaotic and too disorganized for any quality advocating or services to be given to the consumers and families. I hope all those that decided not to fight this because they didnt want to rock the boat or be loud, are there to help pick up the pieces for the families we all care about. Apparently case managers are not important or needed in the state of Indiana. I think that has been made pretty clear.

I have had several friends interview with IPMG and the ones that have heard if they have been hired still don't know who will be on their caseloads, what their salaries are, or even what, if any, benefits they have. You can't keep quality people running a business like that. You lose quality people, and who ultimately suffers from this? The families and consumers as always. I get called every day from my families asking what the next step is, who can they depend on, who do they contact etc. I can't tell them anything. I don't know anything. This is ridiculous and I hope it changes. I will not be a part of this mess and I wish all of those applying with IPMG the best of luck. I hope this turns out to be a good thing, but I just dont see it and so far it has been as many of us expected. Chaotic, disorganized, and not with the intention of helping anyone other then the state and the owners of IPMG. What happened to this being a change to improve the quality of Case Management as it was presented in April? Yeah right........Is this quality?

EyeoftheDay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I interviewed in mid July, and...apparently...have not been hired. I was a little glad they didn't call me, as I really didn't want to be a part of IPMG. The interview consisted of me sitting in a chair listening to the interviewer answer phone calls, give information to other staff through an open door, and leaving the room, not once, but twice. She did not look at my application, did not refer to my resume, did not ask me one single question, and didn't even make eye contact. I have not even been given the decency of a "thanks, but no thanks" letter to tell me I will not be offered the opportunity (cough cough) to work for IPMG.
My families are asking me the same questions as everyone else is getting. I have to shrug my shoulders and apologize for the lack of information this company is giving out. I have no idea how the case loads will be transferred. What about the incident reports that are still pending? What about the annual/quarterly meetings I have scheduled this fall? What about the individuals that are in crisis right now? Who is going to pick up on all these loose ends? Will IPMG ask us ANY questions? I think this is the biggest **$#^Q!#@ I have seen in my 20 years in this field. Our clients deserve much better than this, and it is very hard to put on a professional face and assure the people I serve, that everything will be fine, and they will get the same assistance in the future that I have given them in the past. Especially when I hear of people having 50-60 individuals on their case load.
I hope they offer excellent benefits, because those of you who were hired may need medical help for exhaustion, and maybe even mental health services for stress and depression!
We are now 14 days from "flipping the switch". I have made a complaint to BDDS about the lack of information, and was told phone calls were coming in from families. I have been giving phone numbers out to my people, and encouraged them to start making lots of noise!!
ora

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I interviewed and later received a letter from IPMG that there were no positions open that fit my talents and skills! I have been a case manager for over 15 years and have trained a number of new case managers over the years. Some of my co-workers who interviewed said their interviews were the most unprofessional job interview they had ever been through. One told me that the people interviewing her answered their cell phones and had conversations on them about 5 times during her interview! Another told me that they kept offering her different reimbursement rates, depending on whether she would be full (a higher rate) or part-time (a lower rate) employee. I was told that the rate of pay was directly tied to the case manager's experience and not caseload size or difficulty. This whole thing felt very strange and just didn't feel like we were interviewing with a company that had policies and procedures in place and knew what they were doing. I would call it a sad joke, but the ones who will be affected are the consumers, and that's sad, but no joke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WaiverWatch Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: