WaiverWatch Forum Index WaiverWatch
an eye on the Indiana Medicaid Waiver program

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ARC Is Out in Lah-Lah Land

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjhelser

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: ARC Is Out in Lah-Lah Land Reply with quote

Go to the ARC of Indiana, John Dickerson's Blog to see his take on the new Case Management in Indiana. What a laugh!!! This is not what our old customers, providers & consumers are telling me. Below is a copy of his blog.....by the way, has anyone heard of "kick-backs?" Thanks to Dickerson and the administration of Indiana, 170+ companies out of business, multiple employees on the unemployment line and tons of tax dollar no longer going to Indiana. And when was the last time any of these people invested & ran a business? Free Market & Competition is the framework of America's economic success......Free Market & Competition brings better things to people at a lower cost. Government!!!! What a load of bull. And by the way, the newest consolidation contract is announced - AWS getting the crisis-response contract for the entire state of Indiana....providers be ware - residential & day services will be consolidated so only a handful of the big boys are left running the entire state.

John Dickerson's Blog:
A new beginning for case management

Friday, November 03, 2006

I had the chance to witness something special yesterday. I was asked to speak along with Jim Hammond, CEO of INARF, to the first company wide meeting of IPMG, the new contractor for case management services for the entire state. For the first time in one room, every case manager in the state was brought together under one organization, with a clear sense of purpose and mission.

I shared with them that I felt there were three things that consumers and families expected from case managers:

Confidence consumers want to know that they know their job and what to do. They understand the system, know what needs to be done and will get it done. Case managers may not always know the answer or have the fix, but consumers need to know they will find the answer and know where to go to get the assistance they need.

Continuity consumers want someone that they choose to stay with them. Having the ability to know that the person you have chosen will be with you and get to know you is essential. And if for any reason that person leaves the field there is a commitment to get someone in their place immediately.

Caring Consumers and families want someone who cares about them and their loved ones. The fact that they care and look at this as more than just a job is essential.

I also shared with them that I believe providers are looking forward to case managers being partners. To make the system work, case managers, consumers and providers will need to be a team.

It was exciting to see this new company coming together. There certainly are many challenges as the leadership builds a culture for the company. Im convinced they get it about what needs to be done, are bringing a renewed spirit of service and competence to the task.

Welcome to What I Know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WaiverWatch Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: