WaiverWatch Forum Index WaiverWatch
an eye on the Indiana Medicaid Waiver program

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

status of case managers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
involvedparent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: status of case managers Reply with quote

Does anyone have any information about the future of our casemanagers?? Several parents along with myself have been concerned about this issue. We are in the middle of chosing a new case manager and have been waiting for this reorganization.
Does the state really intend on making another major change to the system on top of the Annual Plan Project??
Any information would be great!
Thanks in advance
Nancy Swaim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: case managment changes Reply with quote

No news has been posted regarding case managment changes. A 'Request for Proposal' was to have been published on December 15th but this did not appear. Trust me, case managers and our admiring legions are anxiously awaiting; )

If you don't have a case manager at this time, though, please call the regional BDDS office for assistance in choosing one. It is a pretty important time to have a good agent who will keep you informed and gain the information you need to make decisions.
Nancy Swaim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: case managment status Reply with quote

oops. I erred. The RFs for a single case managment agency was published yesterday at the Indiana Department of Administration website.
hoosiermama

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a link for this information?

Thanks!
WaiverWatch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this is the information you're seeking (correct me if I'm wrong):

http://www.in.gov/cgi-bin/idoa/cgi-bin/bidad.pl?spec=RFS-6-45&desc=Consolidated+Case+Management+Services&method=RFS&code=7

--WW
alwaysadvocating

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: It Is Going To Happen Reply with quote

Case management is definitely going to change under one large entity covering the whole state. This is not only confirmed by the RFP that came out on Dec. 15th, 2005, but also through phone conversations with state people. Right now case managers are working for the persons served. With this privatization I and many others believe that the case manager will be working basically for the state. Also case manager rates have already been cut, and now will be cut more with this change. The quality of the people providing case management as well as the experience they bring to the table will definitely then decrease. A very sad time for people with disabilities.
hoosiermama

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all pretty disturbing. What is the state planning on doing next?
EyeoftheDay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: "Wavier Watch" Reply with quote

It seems there has been little or no activity here in months. I would dare ask the question that seems to have no solid answer....what is going to happen to those of us who are doing Case Management?
Our future seems to be in question, our budgets slashed, and our case loads growing. I have heard everything from there will be no Case management, to the powers that be behind ICPCM have formed a CM company that will be the sole provider for the state, and sub contracting from them may be impossible. What do our futures hold? Will we be given our walking papers, and unceremoniously dumped out on the unemployment line? Will our consumers have a choice to stay with the person they have developed a trust in? Or will they be told that only the CM's from this new, "professional" company will be on the pick list? Those of us on the front lines deserve more information from the state, or from those same Powers That Be. I get sick and tired of telling the people I care for, that I don't know what is going to happen. I have been employed in this field for almost 5 years, and am becoming darned angry at the lack of information, and the conflicting messages. Somebody out there knows something...they are just playing this poker game with their cards close to their chest. I, and dozens of other Case Managers, need to plan for our futures. Will we have a job after June 1st? Will we WANT to have a job in this field after June 1st? The wavier program has disappointed so many people, from providers, to Case managers, to families, and, most of all, to our clients. I know we all wonder what will be cut next...what will we loose......who will the state will turn a blind eye to next. I am losing my warm and fuzzy demeanor quickly.
noplacelikehome

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: The decision has been made Reply with quote

The state has selected the Indiana Professional Management Group. I have no idea what this means for the many case managers who work for other companies--much less what it means for consumers.

Anyone here from IPMG who would like to fill us in on your plans?
EyeoftheDay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting NoPlacelikeHome We may be the only two people that have used this website in months and months. Is there anybody out there besides us?? It would be interesting to know exactly how much watching this website is doing on the Medicaid Wavier Program. God knows it NEEDS to be watched!! Letís start a pool to guess how long it will take this new entity to come up with some kind of statement about the future of every Case Manager in Indiana. I think there was a great deal of lobbying that went on when the state choose this single provider. Certain people have the ear of others at state level. It's called political clout, isn't it??
Oh well....we shall see what the coming months bring. Maybe we will be employed.......and maybe we won't. Maybe clients will have something to say about this change......and maybe they won't.
noplacelikehome

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share your frustration. Unfortunately, I think that many of those who care about all this are worn out from fighting.

Our family worked like crazy to get our loved one's funds restored and try to get this mess changed for everyone. We wrote letters, talked to people at the state, worked with our case manager, filed for hearing, filed complaints, met with legislators...the number of hours we have poured into this is crazy, especially given how little time we have to spare while caring for our child who has a disability. I'm sure many others have struggled to find time to fight this while caring for a loved one--especially since the waiver cuts have cut back on the help were receiving.

After all that fighting, we finally got our child's funds restored to the previous amount--only to find out that our provider will not provide us with the same amount of services as they did before! I am now hearing that this is what is happening consistently around the state, that providers are providing fewer services for the money they are taking in. It is beyond me how the people who designed the annual plan could not see this coming, given the lack of accountability; the families and case managers all did.

And now there is this mess with the case managers, who I consider the unsung heroes of the waiver program. Without ours, our child's qualify of life would not be what it is today. But we have no idea if we will be able to keep our long-time case manager or if she will be able to devote the time and energy she always has to our child.
kirksmom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask, did you ever get a hearing date? We have done basically the same things as you have to try and get our son's daily rate straightened out. I filed a certified letter with Hearings and Appeals the end of January and have not heard anything from them. Our case manager contacted them a while back and they said it could be 3-6 months.
kirksmom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also share your same feelings about case managers. Ours has done so much over the years, given all she can to make our son's quality of life what it is today. Worked to help us continue caring for him in our home since he is confined to a wheelchair and is 135lbs., 17 yrs. old, severely disabled, mentally and physically. She assisted with finding the resources, providers, etc. to install a lift system in our home, a lift for our van and is always there when we have questions. It will not be in the best interest of those who are supposed to benefit from the waiver program if there is no longer a choice of who provides your case management. But then, the state doesn't really care or listen to what families have to say. As long as they are doing what will balance our dear sweet governors budget in some sort of record breaking time!!
noplacelikehome

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirksmom, we filed as soon as we got our notice of action about the annual plan. It was 3 or 4 months before we got a hearing date. We ended up cancelling it because our child's money had been restored by then. I can't confirm this, but a provider told me that the people he knows who have been to hearings are having better luck getting their funding restored than those who only filed the rate appeals.
noplacelikehome

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have heard there will be a press conference Thursday to announce PMG getting the contract for case management. Maybe we will learn more then about how this will all play out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WaiverWatch Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: