WaiverWatch Forum Index WaiverWatch
an eye on the Indiana Medicaid Waiver program

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shoddy case management

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ora

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Shoddy case management Reply with quote

Someone told me that the PMG proposal to the state was that 200 "full-time" case managers were going to take on the over 9400 waiver clients. If this is true, that is a caseload of nearly 50 clients per case manager. That, simply put, will not be feasible or possible given the current computerwork, paperwork, and regulations. Mr. Dickerson, you ain't seen shoddy yet until you see a case manager trying to serve 50 clients!

Does anyone know if the above figures are correct? I was told it was mentioned in a press conference.
Gina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nanette Whightsel of the ARC of Indiana told me that the Indy Star misquoted Rich Metzger with the 200 case manager figure. She even intimated that additional case managers may be likely when the 50 million in "savings" from the annual plan project are applied toward new services for those on the waiting lists. While I am not holding my breath that additional case managers will be hired and trained, I am hopeful that most of the existing case management professionals will have offers of employment from IPMG. I hope that IPMG's idea of improving the quality of case management doesn't mean caseloads of 50 people.
WaiverWatch

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An article from the Ft. Wayne paper (http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssentinel/news/local/14451503.htm) sounds pretty close to the figure of 50 per caseload:

------<snip>--------------
Bisbecos said the depth of the cuts is still to be determined; a flurry of e-mails and letters among case managers suggests an estimate of 50 percent.

“If you look at sheer numbers, the caseloads we carry right now, we think that means about 45 on a caseload,” or 10-15 more clients than full-time case managers average now, Moore said, numbers Bisbecos confirmed.
cjhelser

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Shoddy Case Management Reply with quote

The figures quoted by John Dickerson & Bisbesco were correct at the press conference......Dickerson is now saying he was misquoted due to the overwhelming dismay over PMG and FSSA trying to enforce this illegal action. Remember, CMS (the Federal monitoring agent) indicates that CM cannot be paid in Indiana through "matched" federal Medicaid dollars.....it must be entirely funded by state plan dollars. Mitch Roob & Dickerson have been trying to get around federal rule since the 11/1/05 annual plan project was implemented. Even the 11/1/05 rate cuts per the annual plan has not been approved by CMS. Additionally, two weeks ago DOJ showed up "unannounced" at FWSDC and were furious over the CM consolidation plan......they were not informed of this "deal" and are quite pissed off. By the way, who is Rick Metzger.....and who is the real "mother" company behind PMG? No one is talking about this.....I hear it is some high ranking Republican. Anyone have an anwer? Don't let ARC and John Dickerson back out of the mess they created.......we have to keep pushing for consumers, families and small businesses and make Roob & Dickerson be accountable for their sneaky deals.
Provider1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Shoddy case management Reply with quote

ora wrote:
Someone told me that the PMG proposal to the state was that 200 "full-time" case managers were going to take on the over 9400 waiver clients. If this is true, that is a caseload of nearly 50 clients per case manager. That, simply put, will not be feasible or possible given the current computerwork, paperwork, and regulations. Mr. Dickerson, you ain't seen shoddy yet until you see a case manager trying to serve 50 clients!

Does anyone know if the above figures are correct? I was told it was mentioned in a press conference.

It does say 200 full time case managers...what does it say about partime case managers...Perhaps that is what is going to happen...there may be another 25 or 30 part time cm's which would decrease the case load size.

EyeoftheDay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part time Case Managers with smaller paychecks, and, perhaps, no benifits? Maybe working at home, to reduce the cost of having an office for each area? Maybe being given a fraction of the cost of milage to cover all your clients, AND attend staffings in some far away city? Ch-Ching!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WaiverWatch Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: