WaiverWatch Forum Index WaiverWatch
an eye on the Indiana Medicaid Waiver program

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Case Management Publicity

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NMoore

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Case Management Publicity Reply with quote

Please share if you or others have been getting any press - written or air time regarding the case management consolidation.

A Fort Wayne television station interviewed two parents and myself a couple of weeks ago following the FSSA press release. The actual airing was brief but hopefully sparked some awareness.

On 4/29/06, an article appeared in the Fort Wayne News Sentinel. The article included interviews with myself, an independent case manager, Metzger and Bisbecos.

The Fort Wayne article was picked up by the Indy Star and ran on May 1, 2006 - but not in it's entirety nor accurately. PLEASE NOTE.....I DID NOT SAY THAT I "QUESTION WHETHER IT WILL BE ABLE TO PERFORM AS WELL AS THE STATE'S CURRENT CASE WORKER SYSTEM. (obviously, I did not refer to us as "case workers") Although this was not written as a direct quote - it appears as such. When interviewed by the original author of the article, I did say that there is a need for some revision within the provision of case management - but that the current proposal to remove client choice and have one agency provide quality assurance while employing every case manager in the state was not an appropriate way to effect the necessary changes.
noplacelikehome

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that clarification. Overall, though, I thought it was a good article, and I'm glad to see something is being published about all this.

Here's the link to the article as it appeared at fortwayne.com:

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssentinel/news/local/14451503.htm

I would like to know more about the $300 that IPMG asked CM's to contribute before IPMG submitted their bid. The implication from the article seems to be that CM's who didn't pay might not get the same consideration for employment??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WaiverWatch Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: